Friday 12 June 2015

l'ombre dans l'eau

This is the only perfume I own from Diptyque, was featured in one of my recent Instagrams and one of my favourite summer perfumes. It seems fitting, since L'Ombre Dans L'Eau translates into "Shadow in the Water". I fell in love with this sort of rose-y, fruit-y green scent when I burned my Baies candle; I've never been so incredibly in love with a scent in my life, that candle was phenomenal


This was supposedly created in 1983 by Serge Kalouguine, a famous French perfumer. It's the equivalent of the Baies candle, which is why I made the dive to purchase it. It smells very green, slightly fruity, with a hint of rose in the back. When you first put it on, it's almost overwhelming with the strength of the scent, but with a day of wear, the green leafy-ness disappears and it becomes muskier. It pretty much makes you feel like you're in some sort of beautiful field of flowers and freshly cut grass - I love it.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive