Tuesday 16 June 2015

gardens by the bay

One of the things on my to-see list when visiting Singapore was Gardens by the Bay, and it was absolutely incredible; as an Environmental Science major, I seriously nerd-ed out. The park is absolutely humongous, supposedly spanning 101 hectares, and housing two huge conservatories - The Cloud Forest (a.k.a. heaven on earth) and the Flower Dome. The Supertrees Grove (the funny alien tree things) were also super awesome, between harnessing solar energy, colecting rainwater, and acting as part of the cooling systems, they are so multi-functional and really an example of what every city needs to move towards. I'll stop rambling and being a nerd about plants and energy consumption, and will leave you with these images from my adventures in one of the most magical places ever.




 





No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive