Wednesday 30 July 2014

summer base

Recently, I've been switching up the my base; instead of covering my face in big patches of concealer in an attempt to even things out, I've decided to use some products that even things out and dab concealer where it's really needed.



1. Indeed Labs, Nanoblur
This has seriously been my summer saviour. It's supposed to leave your skin "camera ready" and fill in fine lines and whatnot, but I have yet to obtain these fine lines (fingers crossed I don't get them for a next decade or so).  So, I use this more for its glorious mattifying powers and primer-esque qualities. When you put this on, it gets quite tacky but I think it's the tackiness that keeps makeup from sliding off in the 34˚C summer heat in Hong Kong. Plus, it keeps my skin from getting too shiny during the day and hasn't broken me out yet - win.

2. Garnier Ultra-Lift Transformer
I used this daily throughout the month that I spent in the Turks and Caicos Islands - when it comes out of the tube, it's a white cream with these teeny little beads that I guess break open when you rub it onto your face and the stuff in the mini beads give you the slightest bit of healthy tint. It's supposedly an anti-age skin corrector, and it has a broad spectrum SPF20 sunscreen in it. It's super easy to throw on to make your skin look a little more alive without being too heavy for summer weather.

3. thisworks, perfect look skin miracle
This is awesome, it's an "instant tinted skin perfector that hydrates and brightens" and was the first of these 3 'skin brightening / perfector-esque' things that I purchased. It looks kind of orange-y when it comes out of the tube but when you blend it in, it somehow gives you this extra glow that is inexplicable. It is the ultimate product to use when you're going for that no-makeup makeup look.

4. Becca Bronzing Skin Perfector
As the name states, this is the bronziest of the bunch. When dabbed and blended out gently, it gives your face the loveliest bronzy sheen without the shine that the other two give - it's somehow a bit mattifying when it goes on. It's got a bit of sparkle but nothing too overwhelming and you don't look like a great big disco ball when you put it over your entire face (which I have done, evidently). This is probably the one out of the three that I lean towards most often for this summer since it seems to be the most shine-controlling.

5. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium 2, Ginger 
I have been in love with this concealer since the minute I decided to purchase it after hearing all the hype about it. If you haven't tried this already, it's the most glorious concealer that will ever have the pleasure of gracing your face - it blends out perfectly and covers what needs to be covered without looking cakey and heavy.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive