Friday 10 January 2014

lanolips

I've heard a lot about Lanolips and along with the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment, this was a belated Christmas gift that was much appreciated. The Banana Balm and the Lemon-flavoured Lanolips had been much praised amongst bloggers, but for some unbeknownst reason, I always thought that they were lipglosses (I honestly have absolutely no idea why or how this happened). As someone who's not keen on lipglosses in general, I never thought much about their recommendations.


So, when these lovely products fell into my possession, I was more than excited to hear the words 'multipurpose balm' and 'for very dry hands and nails'. I love love love anything multipurpose, Aquaphor and the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream are amongst my favourites; in my books, all things should have more than one use.

Much to my excitement, the 101 Ointment, is almost as good, if not better, than my much loved Aquaphor, briefly mentioned here. There's not much of a scent to it and it's quite thick and difficult to squeeze out of the tube, but when slathered onto your lips, it sinks in so quickly and you can feel it plumping everything up. This has some powerful moisturising skills.

Similar to the 101 Ointment, the Rose Balm Intense for Very Dry Hands & Nails sinks in like no other. I don't know what it is about my hands, but I inevitably have dry cuticles that flake and lift and just look awful. Over the years I've struggled to find products that really moisturise my perpetually dry cuticles, the Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter is one of the few, but this tube of stuff is absolutely incredible. It has a musky yet light rose scent to it and is a thick cream with a slight pink tinge that takes a while to massage in but instantly makes your hands feel moisturised -- this is definitely a keeper and something to test if your cuticles suffer.

These two products have made me so excited for my adventures with the Lanolips department, I think I'm going to try some of their tinted balms or their LemonAid one sometime soon. 

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive