Wednesday 8 January 2014

glamglow supermud clearing treatment


This face mask is much praised in the blogosphere but I could never quite persuade myself to spend US$69 on it. So when I received this as a belated Christmas gift, I was over the moon since I'd heard wondrous things about it, mostly from the lovely Fleur -- whose recommendations I always consider, as I think she and I gravitate towards similar things.


It comes in a beautifully packaged box which greets you with a 'Hello Sexy' when you first open it. Who doesn't love great packaging, though I do have to say there is an excessive amount of cardboard that really isn't necessary from an environmental standpoint, especially considering how tiny the actual pot of product is. Anyway, the tub itself (albeit quite small) is relatively sturdy and is surprisingly weighty when you first remove it from its delightful packaging.


This product is supposed to clear your skin, and help solve your (I'm listing this from the packaging now) pores, problem skin, blemishes, pimples, breakouts, zits, spots, black & white heads, razor bumps, in-grown hair -- long story short, basically anything remotely wrong with your skin. It can be used as both a full face-mask and spot treatment, and I like this idea a lot as sometimes you just don't want to deal with putting on an entire face mask then having to wash it off, etc. It contains a bunch of chemicals that are supposed to help get your skin clear, and I'm not even going to go into detail about this because I'm not actually sure I really understand it. 


The product itself is the average dark grey colour of your typical mud mask, but unlike other mud masks I've tried, it smells kind of herbal-y (probably due to the Eucalyptus stuff in it). Anyway, I applied a thin layer to my entire face and left it to dry for quite a while, you can leave it on for up to 20 minutes supposedly. While it was drying, I could really see the gunk that it was pulling out of my skin and since the pollution in Hong Kong has really been messing with my skin, this mask has actually cleared it up significantly. When I washed it off, my skin was so much smoother and just...nicer. I see why people rave about this -- it really clears up most problems but doesn't dry your face out into a desert, this is some good stuff. I'm not sure I would repurchase, however, considering how expensive it is for such a tiny pot but you really don't need that much when doing a full face mask. But it is definitely worth a try if you ever do feel like splurging on a face mask. 

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive