Wednesday 30 October 2013

MAC palette

Top to bottom L-R: Sable, All That Glitters, Espresso, Carbon

This palette made a brief preview in this post and is looking a little worse for wear now after having been on a few trips with me (somehow Sable got smashed but thankfully, I managed to fix it which is why it looks weird in the photo). Having had this little quad for a while, I thought I would share a few of my insights on these shades.

1. All That Glitters
A cult classic amongst MAC fans, this shade is not as glittery as the name states; it's more of a shimmery champagne with a pink undertone. An excellent everyday or wash over the lids shade, this is definitely one of my favourite neutrals.

2. Sable
This is a lovely taupe-y brown that leans slightly reddish and is great for adding a bit of depth when smudged in the outer corners of the eyes. If you've ever used Mulch, this is much more purple-y and leans towards taupe while Mulch is more of a classic shimmery brown.

3. Espresso
A matte brown is always a good basic to have in the average palette, but as I tend to gravitate towards shimmery shadows, this doesn't get used as much as it could or should be.

4. Carbon
As I don't actually own a matte black, I slipped this shade in when constructing my palette and it really doesn't get used very often. Sometimes I'll get a sharp angled liner brush and use this as eyeliner along my top lashline, but that rarely happens these days since I've been leaning to shimmery brown-y neutral shades which are less harsh than black.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive