Wednesday 7 August 2013

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

I bought this mask because I've heard a fair few good things about it and after having this in my life for about a month or so, I have some fairly decent things to say about it too.


When I first put this on my face, I was a bit overwhelmed by the strong fruity scent; it doesn't smell particularly bad, it's just quite... pungent and some people may be a bit put off by it. As I generally lean towards cleaner, earthy scents, I was slightly 'meh' about the smell but I've noticed that quite a lot of other people say they really like the smell so I suppose it depends on whether or not you like extremely intense fruity odours. Anyway, the first time I used it overnight, I slathered on a fairly thick layer and looking back on it, I definitely put far too much on because when I got into bed, my face ended up sticking to my pillowcase which immediately made me go a bit, 'eh I'm not sure I like this mask'. Also, I should probably mention that even though this is a mask, it seems more like a really, really thick and creamy moisturizer than anything.

The next morning, I noticed that my skin was definitely much softer and hydrated after rinsing the remains of it off. However, as the day progressed, I did notice that my skin was much, much oilier than it had been previously. This may have been a one-off though, probably down to the fact that I had just put way too much of it on my face or that I spent too much of that day outdoors in the sweltering heat and humidity -- I'm not really sure. But either way, I gave it a second chance and I've been using this on the days that I feel like my skin needs a bit of help (usually after a long night out). So instead of slathering on a thick layer that ends up sticking to my pillow, I've been using the tiniest amount and really, really rubbing it in so it's not as sticky. With this method, I haven't been feeling excessively oily or greasy the next day, just delighfully moisturized. Long story short, this product will definitely be sticking around; I'll probably decant some into a little pot for those dehydrating plane journeys as well since this mask dries clear.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive