Tuesday 16 July 2013

summer nails: neutrals


Nicole by OPI It Starts With Me
I've loved this sort of rose-gold champagne-y shimmery neutral colour for years now. The first similar one I had was a GOSH polish that seems to have been discontinued because believe me, I have tried to hunt it down even on eBay. This isn't as champagne-y and shimmery as my beloved GOSH one which I've now used up every drip of, but it comes close and does a good enough job. I find that the shimmery-ness of this shade seems to disguise all potential chipping, making it the perfect travel polish. The wide and every so slightly rounded brush is also fantastic for a quick five minute manicure and nail pick-me-up.

Nails Inc. Basil Street
This is one of those mannequin hands colours, though I suppose that would depend on your skin tone. It glides on pleasantly, doesn't streak -- I've found that Nails Inc. probably makes one of my favourite formulas, and is delightfully opaque in two coats. There really is not much to say about this other than it is a pleasant neutral for the hands (totally work-appropriate) and I have yet to try this on my feet.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive