Wednesday 31 July 2013

laura mercier tinted moisturiser

The Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser has been one of the products that has remained well-used and stuck in my collection since I first purchased it. Back when I was younger, much more tan, and terrified of the cake-y and (to me) sometimes overly fake looking effects of foundation, this was well-praised and I turned to it as a sort of lighter alternative. As I would spend far too much of my time in the sun without protection, the first shade I purchased was Fawn, but now it is way too dark for my pasty face so I've ventured into the shade Sand -- still slightly dark for me during winter but it's been perfect for the last few weeks.


This product has been in and out of my routine, I find it depends on how much coverage I want, how blotchy I'm feeling that day and whether or not I can be bothered to deal with a multitude of spot concealing. However, the main reason I've been reaching for this lately is simply because my skin is constantly so dry. Even after I've washed my face in the morning and slapped on an army of moisturisers, I find myself with flaky skin on my nose and cheeks around mid-day. I have no idea how this happens at all but I do have an odd feeling that it has something to do with constantly coming in and out of intensely air-conditioned buildings and into 85% humidity. Anyway, this product gives my skin that teeny extra moisture boost, the perfect amount of coverage whilst evening things out, a radiant summer dewiness without looking overly oily and the SPF 20 doesn't hurt either.

No comments:

ME

My photo
HKG - LDN - NYC | NYU 2015

archive